Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 2 on Granny's car is going far ... Colorado Adventure

So we made it to pick up Michael from his concert at about 1 am. It was exciting to get to surprise him. We all stayed up late until about 5 am chatting with Michael and his roommate Tommy. A super big shout out to Rachel for helping us with the surprise and keeping it a secret!

Today we got up and Megan and I went on an adventure checking out the Fort Collins area. We headed back the boys were up so we met our friend Rachel at Cheeba Hut for some sandwiches. Then we wandered around Old Town which is a super cool area of town. I could of spent all day here. We went to Cooper Smiths a local brewery and had some beers.

The light was getting low so we hurried to Horsetooth Mountain to hike, and check out a cave and get some cool photographs. I have to say it will be a highlight of our trip. It was beyond beautiful. We just could of stayed for hours. The sunset was easily one of the most beautiful I have ever seen.I must add in that no photo shop was done to enhance any of the sunset images that is as is.

Michael has been telling every single stranger we meet in every store, bar and on the street about me coming to surprise him. Which makes me smile. Michael has a contagious enthusiasm I have always loved that about being around him.

Today when we came back home a random poodle was at the house. Michael has falling love in with the dog that he is calling Lambsy... but he also has called it Chauncy and Carl. We put out a ad in Craigslist that the dog has been found but secretly I think he hopes no one claims him. I must admit even I wanted to take him home. He is really calm and sweet...

I can tell that Michael is Mr. Hollywood of Ft. Collins his phone was ringing off the hook the whole time we have been hanging out with him. I can see why he loves living out here with all the cool places to go and the mountain view out the window and all the great friends he has.

Here is a sneak peak of some photographs I took today.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment